Unlocking the Dragon Balls is a tricky process if you aren’t sure how to do it, so let us tell you!
Find The Time Patrollers
Within specific Parallel Quests are Time Patrollers. These are fellow warriors like you, who have been sent to help correct errors in history. During some quests, you can duel them. Should you win the duel, there is a chance you can receive a Key Item. What is the item? Well, it’s a Dragon Ball!
To be clear, the Time Patroller will not always show up. You can do a mission 100 times, and they may only appear 10 times, or if you are lucky they could show up 50 times. It’s completely random, and can’t be influenced by the player.
There is also a chance that even should you beat the Time Patroller, you won’t get a Dragon Ball. Like any other item in the game, there is only a chance it will drop, nothing is guaranteed. This means that you will likely have to repeat missions several times before you get all the Dragon Balls.
What do they do?
Once you have all 7, return to the city and go to the Dragon Ball pedestal that is at the very north end of the map. Use it and Shenron will appear. He can grant you several wishes, which can be seen below:
- I Want Money! (Rewards you with Zeni)
- I Want a Rare Item! (Rewards you with an item)
- I Want to Dress Up! (Rewards you with equipment)
- I Want to Get Stronger! (Rewards Z-Soul crafting items)
- I Want to Grow! (Rewards you with enough XP to level up)
- I Want a New Ultimate Attack! (Gives you some new Ultimate Attacks)
- I Want a New Super Attack! (Gives you some new Super Attacks)
- I Want More Useable Characters! (Unlocks new characters)
- I Want a second chance at Life! (Lets you redo your stat points)
- I Want to be Drop Dead Gorgeous! (Lets you redo your character creation)
Obviously there are several good choices here, but the one that will surely stand out is the “I Want More Useable Characters”. Selecting this will unlock Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. If you collect the Dragon Balls again, you can get Super 17 and Omega Shenron as well.