Influensters are big on innovation. Whether it’s the latest wrinkle fighter or a brand new gadget, if it’s new we want to know about it. We debuted blendSMART brushes on the site a couple weeks back but we’re still buzzing about them. These rotating makeup brushes will do for your makeup application routine but what the Clarisonic did for skincare—that is, totally take it to the next level.
Now, we’re partnering with blendSMART to give you the chance win one of their brush starter kits! Plus, we teamed up with makeup artist Victoria Callaway to teach you how to get an airbrushed makeup look using your blendSMART brush system.
Read on for our makeup tutorial and to learn how to win a blendSMART starter kit.
As a professional makeup artist, what draws you to the blendSMART brush? What do you love about it?
“Over the years, I have learned that flawless blending is one of the biggest challenges facing both the novice and the makeup pro. What draws me to blendSMART is the consistency of results that are achieved with the high-quality brush heads and rotating mechanism.”
Does the blendSMART brush make creating certain looks easier?
“BlendSMART has interchangeable brush heads and each help create different looks. Because you can use less makeup to get great coverage, it’s great for the everyday natural look, but I also use blendSMART for a more dramatic “Saturday Night” finish.”
Do you have a favorite brush head from the blendSMART system?
“I love all the brush heads, however, I like how versatile the blush brush is and I use it for mineral powders, foundations, and contouring. I tend to love dense brush heads!”
What are your pro tips for using the brush?
“Start by using half of the foundation you would normally use, you will notice that less is more. You can always add more if you desire more coverage. Let the brush do the work for you by moving your hand up and down and side to side.”
How to Create an Airbrushed Makeup Look with blendSMART:
What You’ll Need:
+ The blendSMART brush
+ A good primer
+ Your favorite foundation
+ Your favorite blush (I love Tarte’s color Peaceful- a soft nude peach).
Steps to create the look:
1. Moisturize and prime face and let the primer set.
2. Take a small amount of foundation (Victoria recommends one pump) and dot face all around.
3. Turn on your blendSMART and move the brush up and down and side-to-side. Do not press down too hard.
4. Keep blending until you look flawless!
5. Now switch out the foundation head for the blush head.
6. Before turning the brush on, swirl the brush in your favorite blush.
7. Now, use the same up and down and side-to-side motion you used with the foundation to apply blush to the apples of your cheeks.
8. To finish off your airbrushed makeup look, Victoria recommends applying a contour cream with a flat foundation brush and using the blendSMART brush with the foundation head to blend it out.
Ready to get a blendSMART starter kit of your own? Here’s how to enter the Influenster x blendSMART Giveaway:
1. Follow @Influenster and @blendsmart on Instagram.
2. Share the giveaway image below on Instagram tagging @Influenster and three friends.
3. In your caption tell us why you need a blendSMART brush starter kit using the hashtags #blendsmartgiveaway & #contest.
Have you used BlendSMART? How did you feel about it? Tell us in the comments below! Head to the Influenster website for more! Follow my blog for more amazing posts at least 2 day!
Follow me on Social Media:
Snapchat: karendv08 (it is a zero not the letter 0o)
Lots of Love!